Butter + Salt White Chocolate Rose Pot de Creme Recipe
Need a quick little somethin' somethin' for your Valentine tonight? Don't worry, we developed this quick and sultry little number that will take no time. You'll definitely get some x's and o's for this one too.
WHITE CHOCOLATE ROSE POT DE CREME WITH CARDAMOM WHIPPED CREAM + PISTACHIO
- 12 ounces good-quality white chocolate
- 4 large fresh eggs, room temperature
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 cup heavy cream
- splash of rose water
- 1/8 tsp ground cardamom
- ¼ cup heavy cream, set aside
- 1 tbsp powdered sugar
- 1 tsp dried rose petals (you can get them at Salty-Savory-Sweet Spices & Tea)
- 2 tsp toasted crushed pistachios
1. To the pitcher of your blender, add the white chocolate, eggs, rose water and salt. Pulse 10-12 times or until the chocolate has broken up significantly.
2. To a small saucepan, add the heavy cream. Heat over medium low heat until the cream is just steaming, about 4-5 minutes. Do not bring to a boil. Remove from heat.
3. With the blender running, slowly pour in the hot heavy cream. Blend on high for 1-2 minutes or until completely smooth, scraping down the sides with a rubber spatula where needed.
4. Pour the mixture evenly among the glasses and place them in the fridge to set for 3-4 hours.
5. While your pots de creme are chilling, prepare your cardamom whipped cream.
6. In a mixing bowl, whip heavy cream, powdered sugar and cardamom until medium soft peaks.
7. Once your pots de creme have set, dollop whipped cream, sprinkle pistachios and garnish with rose petals.